Almonds are high in antioxidants and Vitamin E. As like other nuts, almonds are low in carbs but high in healthy fats, proteins and fibre which are great for those who have health sensitive issues such as diabetes and blood pressure. This also makes for a healthy snack as both protein and fibre are known to increase fullness!
Almonds can be used to make almond flour- just need to find ground them, and almond milk- blend pre soaked almonds with water and voila! Almond Milk!
Nutritional Facts (28 Grams)
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDI
- Manganese: 32% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDI
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus