Talbina - Roasted Barley Powder - 200 g
Talbina is known to aid in curing grief and depression. Soothes the heart of the patient & makes it active.
[Saheeh al Bukhari 5689]
- Reduces the risk of cancer & heart disease, (plant lignans reduce free radicals and visceral fat and thus stabilises blood pressure)
- Lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol,( proponoic acid in talbina helps to reduce blood LDL levels & increases good HDL cholesterol levels)
- Improves immunity, ( achieved by lignans & high vitamin C)
- Manages type 2 diabetes (beta glucan slow down glucose absorption)
- Supports kidney, (minerals facilitate proper kidney function)
- Promotes healthy bones & teeth (talbina has a higher calcium content than milk)
- Helps to lose weight (rich in essential amino acids & fibers. As talbina regulates blood glucose levels, avoids sugar peaks & drops which is associated with the fat storage process. Beta glucan lowers glycemic index)
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Helps against arthritis (copper disarms free radicals and helps cell regeneration, also cross linking collagen & elastin making joints flexible)
- Develops and repairs body tissues ( phosphorus helps in cell regeneration)
- Rich in Niacin -vit B (lowers the risk of blood clots and thereby benefits the cardiovascular system)
- Promotes healthy heart (reduces serum cholesterol & visceral fat)
- Inhibits formation of Gallstones (by reducing the levels of triglycerides)
- Great remedy against breast cancer (selenium detoxifies cancer causing compounds & prevents inflammation. Stimulates production of killer T-cells)
- Choline in talbina helps with sleep, learning & memory. Aids in the transmission of nerve impulses.
- High fibre helps to prevent constipation.
- Prevents osteoporosis (manganese, phosphorus, calcium & copper promotes healthy bones)
- Helps against anemia (iron increases the blood volume)
- Keeps colon & Intestine healthy (high fibre content fuels the bacteria in large intestine)
- Rich healing properties ( rich in zinc which promotes healing)
- Used as a remedy for digestive complaints including diarrhea, stomach pain & inflammatory bowel conditions.
- Protects against childhood asthma.
- Improves skin elasticity ( rich in selenium which improves elasticity)
- Improves skin tone (talbina tightens skin & eliminates toxins)
- Anti aging properties (rich in antioxidants which gives a younger appearance)
- Healthy hair ( rich in vital minerals, vitamins needed for production of healthy hair)
- Promotes hair growth ( thiamine, niacin & procyanidin B3 stimulates hair growth)
- Combats hair loss ( iron & copper enhances the production if red blood cells hence reduces the hair loss)
- Restores hair colour (acheived by the copper in barley)
NOTE: Talbina contains gluten therefore should be avoided by those with celiac disease (gluten intolerance).
100% Pure Natural Roasted Barley Flour
HOW TO PREPARE TALBINA: A Great Breakfast Choice!
- Add 1 tablespoon full to a cup (200ml) of water / milk / coconut milk
- Place on low heat and stir until it boils.
- Sweeten with natural sugar / raw honey upon cooling.
Can be made as porridge / thick drink / used as a food thickener for gravy, soups, dishes. Drink at least one cup daily.